Sunday, November 29, 2009

FACE YOUR FEARS............
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face… The danger lies in refusing to face the fear, in not daring to come to grips with it… You must make yourself succeed every time. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Huge crossfit turn out at Quad. dipsea. It was nice to have other crossfitters try something new, like running an ultra. Myself, Robert Tuller and BMac all know what it's like to run Ultras but none of these people did until after they finished.(oops sorry Molly) Molly ran SF 1day before. They all crossed the finish line as Ultrarunner's yesterday. I talked to several of them after, and they want to run a 50 miler.

It was a beautiful day I felt slow in the beginning but really picked it up the last 14 miles. I was having a lot of issues thinking about my life and what I need to take care of.
I sometimes feel so alone in my situation. I know I shut down when I should talk about it but I feel so stressed when I think about it. I wish I could just disappear for awhile but that's not the answer. I need to face the whole bankruptcy issue.
I am getting 500 dollars less a month because one of my creditors has garnished my wages.
I got the book on how to file chapter 7 but it seems so overwhelming I'm afraid to look at it.
I am lucky I have a place to live for now. I have so much going on inside and I'm lucky I run because it helps. Life gives us many challenges and I just need to face mine.
Being out on the trail made me happy about life for the 6+ hours out there. Seeing my friends and meeting new ones made me have wonderful day out on the trail.

I finished my 12th Quad. Dipsea in 6:52 it's always my goal to run it in under 7 hours, which I did.
Thanks to all of your smiles and hellos on the trail or comments it helped me smile and have fun.

BMac of Crossfitenduarance.com and me, he's the one who really taught me how to run. Thanks for teaching me POSE Brian it has really helped me.

7 comments:

Olga said...

Many of us know how it is to hold it inside and not share. May be not on a blog, but you gotta find someone who will listen and not judge. better yet, who will help - with a word of advice, a shoulder, a hand. Find. Alone we are nothing.

Pgregory said...

Face this with the same determination when you're running....you'll be fine.

Anonymous said...

ok what about advertising for your creditors ,? when your running in a race a shirt with BofA on it ,or your credit card company , it would be cheep for the credit card company,or a removable tatoo ,they get advertising by one of the best ultrarunners in the world and you get your debt reduced ?you might have to think outside the box on this one , mike h

Jon said...

When I filed for Chapter 7, I was scared at first. But it was a great help and it got creditors off my back at a time when I couldn't rub two nickels to save my life at the time. Since then, I've done a lot to re-establish my credit and it's worked out for the best.

That $500 less per month is equal to one payment to a bankruptcy attorney to make all of that crap go away.

Other possibility, you don't qualify for a chapter 7 and you end up doing a chapter 13 where you pay pennies on the dollar for the debt you're being garnished for. Either way, it's better than them taking $500 a month out of your ass!

Good luck Catra!

Coach Mike said...

Hi Catra,

Great job on Saturday. I am actually in the second picture of the day for nov 29h and was wondering if you had a copy you could email me.

Oh yeah, my name is Mike(sfcf and Tullers friend) and you can barely see my redsox hat but thats me!

Anonymous said...

When are you moving in with Andy?

John Irace said...

Catra,

I really enjoy your blog! Thanks for putting so much blood, sweat and tears behind your posts, it does not go unnoticed. I have been reading many of your posts trying to find ways to avoid getting injured while running longer distances. As a soldier I am no stranger to running but I'm a complete novice with distances over 10 miles. I always seem to have some minor injury preventing me from breaking free and running for hours pain free. You mentioned POSE and this is something I will research further. I guess what I wanted to say is "how on earth can you run 100 miles and not have injuries like Plantar fasciitis, and minor muscle strains?" I love the fact you do what you do but on the other I am so jealous that you can run distances I can only dream about. I am obviously missing something fundamental in my running form and do not know what to do about it.